Thursday, April 26, 2012

This is a blog about change, inside and out. It's about taking a scary risk and hoping for the best. This is a blog about the biggest roller-coaster ride anyone has ever faced. Today I begin my journey from small town Texan to full-blown Parisienne. I'm taking a moment to take everything in, but not too long; before I know it, I'll be hurtling down that first hill into the unknown.


About a month ago, I was accepted to a really great study abroad program based in Paris, France. In a few short months, I will be flying to Paris with a small group of American students from several other colleges. I'll be taking classes at the Sorbonne in a room full of real French students, living with a bona fide French family, and exploring Paris with everything it has to offer an enthusiastic Francophile like me. In the spring semester, I will hopefully be assisting French primary and secondary school teachers in the classroom, getting some teaching experience under my belt. The coming year is sure to be an eventful one.

So today marks the true beginning of my journey. I hope you'll join me in this life-changing adventure. In the coming days, weeks, and months, I hope to keep you up-to-date on my travel plans, my personal preparation, and probably throw in a few unrelated anecdotes from my summer job (more on that later). Finals are next week, so all that may have to take the back burner for a few days.



No comments:

Post a Comment