Thursday, August 23, 2012

I have arrived! We flew in this morning, arriving in Paris at about 11 am local time. While this was one of the most exhausting trips I have ever taken, it was fabulous nearly every step of the way, if you can get over the whole not sleeping thing. Yep. I haven't slept since Tuesday night, but honestly my adrenaline and all-consuming excitement about everything going on has been helping me function somehow. So here are some highlights:


When we flew into Paris, I was in the perfect part of the plane to see the Eiffel Tower and the Left Bank from the air. It was so beautiful!

After we arrived at the airport, I had a completely successful conversation with the French immigration agent completely en Francais. He understood everything I said, and I understood everything he said, and he finished up our 2 minute interaction by complementing me on my French.

I fell asleep on the bus out to Tours where I'm having my orientation. One minute we were driving around Paris, the next I woke up 40 minutes later with the beautiful French countryside outside my window! Power nap + Beautiful scenery = lovely last leg of the trip.

Bought lunch on the road, correctly identifying which coins to use without the cashier's help (but definitely with the help of my handy little coin organizer; Thanks, Vickie).

Finally, I met my host mother for these first 2 weeks. The food was wonderful, I have my own room with a beautiful view, and the other student on my program staying in the house with me is very cool as well.

I will put some pictures up within the next couple of days, so stay tuned for more, including a trip out to some beautiful Chateaux on the Loire River on Saturday!

1 comment:

  1. Have fun Suzie :) Glad you are enjoying your time so far! Can't wait to read more -Keb

    ReplyDelete